Tuesday 15 January 2013

Studded Nails


If you are a regular reader of my blog you'll know I love to embellish things!  My nails are definitely no exception and these were my nails this weekend!  I think studs looks best on black or nude shade nails.  Here is how I achieved this subtle but bang on trend studded nail look

1.  Prep your nails (cuticles, shape, buff, base coat)
2.  Paint 2 coats of your chosen base colour, mine is Models Own in "Peach Sherbet"
3.  Make sure your colour is completely dry before moving onto the next step
4.  Dip the end of a small dotting tool into a blob of clear polish - I used Seche Vite Top Coat - and dot onto your nail where you want your first stud to be.  It is best to start in the middle and work outwards to get them evenly spaced
5.  Using the same end of the dotting tool, which should be a little tacky from your clear polish  pick up a gold bead and place it on your nail
6.  Continue to do this all over your nail/nails and wait as long as possible to let the studs dry onto the nail firmly
7.  Finish with a very light coat of clear polish to really seal your studs in place and give extra shine to the whole look

Have you tried studded nails?
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I read all your lovely comments and will always try to reply!!
I am happy for you to leave your blog address for me to check out and follow you back!! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...